CRR Grants for Hatchery-Associated Projects
Hatchery-associated production (HAP) projects include the artificial production or rearing of salmonids. Cowlitz Restoration and Recovery (CRR) grant funding is available for on-the-ground HAP projects, or activities that lead to on-the-ground projects, aimed at reintroduction and recovery of Endangered Species Act-listed (listed) Cowlitz salmonid populations originating in the upper basin, upstream of the Barrier Dam.
More information on project requirements and evaluation is in the 2023 Application Manual and other materials below.
Here are some additional ways to learn more:
- Watch or download a presentation specific to this part of the CRR Program
- Review some of the CRR Program information, including the documents updated for 2023
- Use our CRR HAP Project Info Form to develop your idea and share it with us
- Request a pre-proposal meeting to connect with CRR Program staff and technical advisors, learn more, and ask questions
Please contact Melora Shelton 253-441-4994 with questions, if interested in applying, or to be put on a notification list for information as it becomes available.
- Forms and Documents
2023 Grant Round materials
- Application Manual for HAP Project Grants
- Project Application Form
- Calendar(from Manual)
- Application Checklist (from Manual)
- Evaluation Form (from Manual)
- Budget Tool
- Landowner Forms (coming soon)
- CRR Implementation Plan
- CRR Implementation Strategy, including HAP Guiding Principles (updated for 2023)
- Cowlitz Final FHMP (2020) and Associated Transition Plans
- Washington Lower Columbia Salmon Recovery and Fish and Wildlife Subbasin Plan (Recovery Plan) (2010)
- Lower Columbia Conservation and Sustainable Fisheries Plan (2016)
- Application Deadlines
- February 13 – March 24: pre-application meetings (optional, contact Tacoma Power to schedule)
- April 4: Draft Application due at noon (required)
- April 24 – April 28: proposal presentations (required, Tacoma Power will contact to schedule)
- May 15: feedback emailed to applicants
- June 26: Final Application due at noon (required)
- October 3: FTC makes CRR funding decisions
See the full calendar here.