Cowlitz Fisheries Committee
Fisheries Technical Committee
The Fisheries Technical Committee (FTC) was created by the settlement agreement for the Cowlitz River Hydroelectric Project and is part of the project’s Federal Energy Regulatory Commission license.
The committee is responsible for making recommendations on actions to maximize the effectiveness of fisheries mitigation, protection and enhancement measures in the Cowlitz River Project area.
These recommendations include developing study protocols and plans for hatchery remodeling, fish management, fisheries disease management and fish passage. The FTC also makes adaptive management recommendations as indicated by monitoring and evaluation.
The FTC includes one representative each from Tacoma Power, the National Marine Fisheries Service, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife, the Washington Department of Ecology, and the Yakama Nation; and one individual representing Trout Unlimited and American Rivers.
This committee first met in November 2000 to begin implementing some of the measures identified in the Settlement Agreement.
If you have questions or comments regarding the FTC or processes related to this committee, please contact Travis Nelson at 253-502-8861 or email@example.com.
DRAFT Fisheries and Hatchery Management Plan
The following review chapters are in draft form and will be refined through the ongoing process of the Fisheries Technical Committee and participation of the public.
FTC Final Meeting Summaries
- 10-17-19 Cowlitz FTC Meeting Summary
- 9-5-19 Cowlitz FTC Meeting Summary
- 7-19-19 Cowlitz FTC Meeting Summary
- 6-04-19 Cowlitz FTC Meeting Summary
- 4-30-19 Cowlitz FTC Meeting Summary
- 4-2-2019 Cowlitz FTC meeting summary
- 3-5-2019 Cowlitz FTC meeting summary
- 2-5-2019 Cowlitz FTC meeting summary
- 1-11-2019 Cowlitz FTC meeting summary
- 2018 meeting summaries
- 2017 meeting summaries
- 2016 meeting summaries
- 2015 meeting summaries
- 2014 meeting summaries
- 2013 meeting summaries
- 2012 meeting summaries
- 2011 meeting summaries
- 2010 meeting summaries
- 2009 meeting summaries
- 2008 meeting summaries
FTC Final Decision Documents
- 2017-01 Cowlitz Falls Dam 2016 Evaluations
- 2017-02 LCFRB on SRFB proposal for Upper Cowlitz-Cispus
- 2017-06 Cowlitz Restoration and Recovery Strategy
- 2017-08 CRR subcommittee charter
- 2017-09 CRR Habitat Assessment Scope of Work
- 2017-10 Suspension of annual gravel augmentation for 2017
- CRR Plan Implementation-habitat assessment – attachment
- CRR Plan Priorities – attachment
- CRR Plan Introduction – attachment
- 2015 Cowlitz Complex hatchery production
- Summer steelhead recycling
- Mayfield Dam downstream migrant studies
- 2015 Cowlitz Falls Dam smolt tagging methodology
- 2015 Cowlitz Falls Dam smolt study methodology
- 2015 FTC membership status quo
- 2015 Cowlitz Restoration & Recovery Process
- 2014 CFNSC 100% design approval
- 2014 Annual Project Review Process
- 2014 Upper Riffe Lake collector
- 2014 CF Dam weir box, 2015-17
- 2014 CFNSC 90% design approval
- 2014 HOR steelhead upper basin
- 2014 Cowlitz Falls Dam smolt tagging methodology
- 2014 Mayfield survival study scope of work
- 2014 CFNSC 60% design approval
- 2014 CF Dam weir box, 2014