Tacoma Power’s Taidnapam Park is a forested campground on Riffe Lake (formed by Mossyrock Dam) in Lewis County, Wash.
Please note: Due to changes to Riffe Lake levels, the Taidnapam Park boat launch and designated swim area are closed. The Taidnapam North boat launch is open mid-May through mid-September, down to 719 feet (or call (888) 502-8690 for recorded lake level and boat launch information).
Get updates on lake levels, boat launches and swim areas, or call 1-888-502-8690 for recorded info.
Or call 833-290-8180 for reservations.
- Know Before You Go
- Learn about reservation policies and park rules.
- Reserve individual campsites nine months in advance for dates between May 15 and Sept. 15.
- Reserve group camps nine months in advance for dates between April 15 and Oct. 15.
- Please be kind to the Taidnapam Park septic system – do not use RV holding tank chemicals.
- Use ventilation
- Empty tanks often
- Flush holding tank each time it is dumped
- No Reservations
Available campsites that have not been reserved are available for one-night “walk-in” stays between May 15 and Sept. 15.
- About Taidnapam Park
- Year-round camping and day-use area (park closed Dec. 20 – Jan. 1)
- 163 individual campsites
- 96 with water, electric and sewer hookups
- 43 with water and electric hookups
- 24 walk-in tent sites
- 22-site group camp with hookups
- Four with water/electric hookups
- 12-site primitive group camp
- Fire rings/picnic tables in all campsites
- Coin-operated showers
- Wheelchair accessible restrooms
- Day Use
Day-use parking costs $5 on weekends and holidays between Memorial Day and Labor Day weekends.
- Park Features
- Picnic tables with grills
- Park Fees
- Water/electric and sewer hookups – $37
- Water/electric hookups – $35
- Walk-in tent sites – $22
- Extra vehicle, if space allows (no charge for towed vehicles) – $10
- Unattended vehicle – $10
- Extra vehicle season pass – $75
- Group camp with hookups (Entire area – 22 sites) – $730
- Primitive group camp (Entire area – 12 sites) – $200
- Individual campsite or group camp reservation fee – $8 online or $10 by phone
- Day-use parking (weekends and holidays between Memorial Day and Labor Day weekends) – $5
- Season day-use pass – $35
- Senior or disabled discount for camping – $5
- Driving Directions
Taidnapam Park is about 110 miles south of Tacoma in Lewis County, near the town of Morton. From Tacoma, take I-5 south to Highway 12 East (Exit 68). Drive east on Highway 12 for approximately 37 miles (5 miles past Morton). Turn right on Kosmos Road, then left onto Champion Haul Road. Drive approximately four miles to the park entrance.
An alternate route from Tacoma is to take Highway 7 south to Morton. At Morton, turn left onto Highway 12 and drive 5 miles. Turn right on Kosmos Road, then left onto Champion Haul Road. Drive approximately four miles to the park entrance.
Taidnapam Park Latitude: N 46 28 06.2; Longitude: W 122 09 51.2
- Contact Information
PO Box 277
Glenoma, WA 98336
117 Cayuse Ln. (by way of Champion Haul Rd., off Hwy 12)
Glenoma, WA 98336
Park office: 360-497-7707
Fishing and recreation line: 888-502-8690