Payment & Billing

Payment & Billing

There are several ways you can choose to receive and manage you utility bill and make payments. The simplest way to access all of your information in one place and make payments is through our online portal, MyAccount. View your bills, track your energy and water use, sign up for paperless billing, make payments with your credit or debit card or directly from a bank account, set up AutoPay and more online using MyAccount.

Budget Billing

Budget Billing allows you to pay one consistent and predictable utility payment amount every month. Under this system, your monthly payments are calculated as follows:

  • We calculate your entire electricity bill for the past 12 months, divide by 12, and round to the nearest whole dollar.
  • We calculate your total water bill for the past 12 months, divide by 12, and round to the nearest whole dollar.
  • We calculate a fixed monthly charge for Solid Waste, Surface Water and Wastewater utility services, if applicable.

Then, every 12 months we will recalculate your monthly charge for the next 12 months based on the previous year’s data. All debits or credits from the previous budget billing term are divided by 12 and applied to next year’s budget amount.

How do I enroll in Budget Billing?

You can enroll in Budget Billing online through MyAccount. To enroll, do the following:

  • Log in to MyAccount
  • Select “Enroll” next to “Budget Bill” under the Customer Enrollments section
  • Read and accept the terms of agreement for the enrollment
  • Select the “Continue” button

What accounts can I enroll in Budget Billing?

Budget Billing is currently available to residential customers with metered services only. If your enrollment request is close to your next billing date and you are having trouble enrolling, please try again after you’ve received your bill.

If you have an existing payment agreement or there is less than 12 months of usage history for the account, please contact Customer Services at 253-502-8600 or 800-752-6745 to learn about your options. The department is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.


My account is currently in collections. Who can I talk to about this?

If you received a letter from Professional Credit Services (PCS) or Municipal Services Bureau (MSB), credit and collections agencies we work with, please contact their offices directly to settle your unpaid debt. It is your responsibility to resolve the matter directly with the collection agency. We are unable to accept payments or make payment agreements on accounts currently in collections.

Both PCS and MSB have skilled staff waiting to help you settle your debt. Contact information is below.

Customers cannot open a new account until the amount in collections is paid in full.

Professional Credit Services (PCS)



Monday – Thursday 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.

Friday – 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Saturday – 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.

Municipal Services Bureau (MSB)



Monday – Thursday 5 a.m. to 9 p.m.

Saturday 6 a.m. to 3 p.m.


A recent upgrade to MyAccount makes it easy to donate to TPU. All donations to TPU go to helping low income and disabled customers pay their utility bills. You can donate online in three ways:

  1. Round up your bill total to the nearest dollar amount
  2. Make a one-time donation of the amount of your choice
  3. Enroll in a recurring donation of the amount of your choice

If you already use MyAccount, you can log in and donate today. If you don’t have a MyAccount, is it simple to enroll in just a few minutes.