Rebate & Financing Programs for Multifamily & Condo Properties
Utilities are one of the largest controllable costs for rental properties. If you own or manage a rental, Tacoma Power has programs to help you reduce operating costs, improve energy efficiency, boost profits and save your tenants some money on their energy bills. Our programs and free services include:
- Rebate programs
- Energy use assessments
- Project recommendations
- Assistance with rebate applications
- Project inspections
- Access to contractors familiar with our rebate and incentive programs
If you are planning to remodel or start new construction at your rental, this section will also help guide you through the permitting process.
To learn more about our rental property programs, contact us at (253) 502-8363 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information about electrical or water permits for your rental property is found on our Permits page.
- Rebate Forms
Residential Energy Efficiency Rebate, Loan & Grant Applications (includes Terms & Conditions), Supporting Forms & Documents
- Owner-Occupied Application
- Rental Property Application (up to 4 units)
- Rental Property Application (5+ units)
- Smart Thermostat Rebate Application
- Grant Application Attachment A
- Declaration of Zero or Unreported Income
- Assignment of Funds
Bid Forms & Calculators
- Duct Sealing Bid Form
- Heating and Cooling Bid Form
- Insulation Bid Form
- Bright Rebates Calculator
- Windows Bid Form
BPA Forms & Resources
- PTCS Air Source Heat Pump Form
- BPA Prescriptive Duct Sealing
- BPA Qualified Contractor List for Ductless Heat Pumps
- BPA Qualified Product List for Ductless Heat Pumps
- BPA Qualified Product List for Heat Pump Water Heaters
- BPA Qualified Product List for Smart Thermostats, Setting Guide & Energy Savings Tips
Loans & Grants
- Design Lighting Consortium Approved Product List
- ENERGY STAR® Approved Products List (lighting)
- Knob & Tube Inspection Report
- Participating Contractor List
- Residential Customer Invoice Requirements
- Use & Care of Your Ductless Heat Pump
- Electrical Permit Information
- Residential Building Permit Fee Estimator (City of Tacoma ONLY).
Includes single-family, duplex and townhouses with 1 or 2 units.
- Commercial Building Permit Fee Estimator (City of Tacoma ONLY)
Includes all nonresidential buildings and structures, mixed-use (nonresidential/residential combined) townhouses of three or more units, and multifamily of three or more units.
- Owner-Occupied Program Requirements
- Rental Property Program Requirements (up to 4 units)
- Rental Property Program Requirements (5+ units)
- Central Heat Pump Program Specifications
- Ductless Heat Pump Program Specifications
- Heat Pump Water Heater Program Specifications
- Prescriptive Duct Sealing Specifications
- Smart Thermostat Program Specifications
- Weatherization Program Specifications
Required Documents Checklist
- Property Manager Website
If you own or manage rental property, you can save time by using the Property Manager website, which lets you manage your water and electricity services all in one place. It also allows you or your designated agent to:
- Access current occupant(s) name and move in date.
- View pending move in and move out activity.
- Complete move-in and move-out requests.
- View account summaries, including unit addresses and owner balances.
- View pending service order information.
- Receive email confirmation of your transactions.
- Contact the Business Solutions Office directly.
This website does not provide financial information about your tenants, only the details listed above.
If you live within the city of Tacoma, your bill also includes fees for Environmental Services including solid waste, recycling, wastewater and surface water. TPU does not manage these services but we do consolidate the separate charges into one utility bill for your convenience. These services cannot be managed through the Property Manager website, so please contact the City of Tacoma with questions about solid waste, recycling, wastewater and surface water.
Website Registration Details
To register for the Property Manager website, you must first have an active Landlord Service Continuation Agreement (LSCA) with us. This ensures utility service(s) remain active and billed to the owner while the property or rental unit is vacant.
As part of the agreement, you or your agent agrees to notify us when occupancy changes in a unit and before the sale of a property listed in a LSCA agreement.
How to Register
Property Manager Access Team
Tacoma Public Utilities
3628 S. 35th St.
Tacoma, WA 98409
Once your eligibility is confirmed, you will receive an email with instructions for using the website.
(Property Manager Portal Login button)
For help using the website, see our detailed Property Manager Website Guide.