Budget Billing allows you to pay one consistent and predictable utility payment amount every month. Under this system, your monthly payments are calculated as follows:
- We calculate your entire electricity bill for the past 12 months, divide by 12, and round to the nearest whole dollar.
- We calculate your total water bill for the past 12 months, divide by 12, and round to the nearest whole dollar.
- We calculate a fixed monthly charge for Solid Waste, Surface Water and Wastewater utility services, if applicable.
Then, every 12 months we will recalculate your monthly charge for the next 12 months based on the previous year’s data. All debits or credits from the previous budget billing term are divided by 12 and applied to next year’s budget amount.
How do I enroll in Budget Billing?
You can enroll in Budget Billing online through MyAccount. To enroll, do the following:
- Select the “Payment options” tab from the menu
- Select “Budget Billing Plan”
- Select from the enrollment options and follow the prompts based on your selection
- Read and accept the terms of agreement for the enrollment
- Select the “Submit” button
Customers with a past due balance can also enroll in Budget Billing. We will simply build the balance into your monthly payments.
What accounts can I enroll in Budget Billing?
Budget Billing is currently available to residential customers with metered services only. If your enrollment request is close to your next billing date and you are having trouble enrolling, please try again after you’ve received your bill.
If you have an existing payment agreement or there is less than 12 months of usage history for the account, please contact Customer Services at (253) 502-8600 or (800) 752-6745 to learn about your options. The department is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.