Get our latest COVID-19 updates at MyTPU.org/Parks.
We’re looking for a volunteer winter camp host to assist at Mossyrock Park from Nov. 1, 2020, to March 31, 2021. To apply, please call 360-983-3900.
Tacoma Power’s Mossyrock Park is a family-friendly getaway with access to Riffe Lake (formed by Mossyrock Dam) in Lewis County, Washington.
We built a new boat launch in 2018 due to changes to Riffe Lake levels. We also built a new swim area with an access trail and ADA-accessible parking. It is located near the boat launch.
Get updates on lake levels, boat launches and swim areas, or call 1-888-502-8690 for recorded info.
- Reserve individual campsites
- Reserve group camp areas – Reservations will open for group camps on Jan. 2, 2020, at 7 a.m. Pacific Standard Time. Some of the group camp “pods” have been rearranged and contain more sites than they did before.
- Reserve kitchen shelter
Or call 833-290-8180 for reservations.
- Know Before You Go
- The private café/store is closed. The operator retired.
- Learn about reservation policies and park rules.
- Reserve individual sites up to nine months in advance for dates between May 15 and Sept. 15.
- Reserve group camps up to nine months in advance for dates between April 15 and Oct. 15.
- Sites are available on a first-come, first-served basis the rest of the year.
- Please note that during hot weather or high demand for electricity in the park, electrical service may be disrupted or unavailable.
- No reservation
Available campsites that have not been reserved are available for one-night “walk-in” stays between May 15 and Sept. 15.
- About Mossyrock Park Camping
- Year-round camping, day-use area and boat launch (park is closed Dec. 20 – Jan. 1)
- 152 individual campsites (76 water/electric hookups)
- 48-site group camp with nine pods of five or six sites (25 electric hookups)
- Two primitive group camps (12 sites, no hookups)
- Fire rings and picnic tables in all campsites
- Park Features
- Boat launch (lake level permitting)
- Fish cleaning station
- Swimming area
- Horseshoe pits
- Volleyball court
- Coin-operated showers
- Laundry facilities
- Wheelchair-accessible sites and restrooms
- Water faucets throughout campground
- Reservable kitchen shelter
- Trails: half-mile trail and 3.5-mile loop trail (of which 0.8 miles is wheelchair accessible)
- Day Use
There is a $5 day-use parking fee charged on weekends and holidays between Memorial Day and Labor Day weekends. Enjoy free day-use parking on other days. When day-use parking is full, additional visitors will be turned away until parking spaces become available.
Mossyrock Park is closed Dec. 20 – Jan. 1
- Park Fees
- Water/electric hookups (30-amp service) – $35
- Electric hookups (30-amp service) (group sites) – $30
- No hookups – $28
- Walk-in tent and S’mores Loop sites -$22
- Primitive group camp (must reserve all 12 sites) – $200
- Extra vehicle/RV, if space allows (no charge for towed vehicles) – $10/RV: $25
- Unattended vehicle – $10
- Individual or group reservation fee – $8 online or $10 by phone
- Day-use parking (weekends and holidays between Memorial Day and Labor Day weekends) – $5
- Kitchen shelter – $50
- Senior or disabled discount for camping – $5
- Driving Directions
From Tacoma, take Interstate 5 south to Highway 12 East (Exit 68). Drive east on Highway 12 for approximately 21 miles. Turn right on Williams Street (flashing yellow light). Continue several blocks on Williams Street to a “T” intersection in the town of Mossyrock. Turn left onto State Street. Outside of town, State Street becomes Mossyrock Road East and then Ajlune Road. Ajlune Road leads into the park.
Mossyrock Park Latitude: N 46 30 58.6; Longitude: W 122 25 24.5
- Contact Information
202 Ajlune Rd.
Mossyrock, WA 98564
Park office: 360-983-3900
Fishing and recreation line: 888-502-8690
To apply to become a volunteer camp host, please call 360-983-3900.