Understanding Your Bill
Your TPU bill contains much more than just the current amount due. It also includes details about your usage, meter readings and other useful information designed to help you conserve energy and water and save money. Below is an overview of your bill.
- Residential customers: Every other month or monthly if upgraded to an advanced meter.
- Residential customers using a Budget Billing plan: Every month.
- Commercial customers: Every month.
City of Tacoma Residents Only
If you live within the City of Tacoma, your bill also includes fees for Environmental Services. These include solid waste, recycling, wastewater and stormwater. TPU does not manage these services, but we do consolidate the separate charges into one utility bill for your convenience.
Page one covers:
- Average cost per day for each utility service (electricity, water, wastewater, solid waste and recycling, stormwater)
- Summary of total charges for each utility service
- Number of days in the billing cycle
Pages two and three (if in the City of Tacoma) bill cover:
- Number of days in the billing cycle and bill issue date
- Detailed list of charges and fees
- Fixed charges for Tacoma Power, Tacoma Water and Wastewater
- Historical graphs of your electricity and water consumption
- Explanation of taxes for each service
- Important phone numbers
- Payment options
If you have any questions about your bill, please contact Customer Services at 253-502-8600 or 800-752-6745.