Consider the benefits of smart irrigation systems
Hose faucet timers and weather-based irrigation controllers are smart choices to help you reduce water waste and lower your utility bill. Just look for products with the WaterSense label and apply for our money-saving rebate below.
Hose faucet timers automate your sprinkler system
- Automate your hose-end sprinklers, drip irrigation system, or soaker hose.
- Improves scheduling consistency.
- Options for rain delay and manual override switch.
- Simple, easy installation, and programming.
Smart irrigation controllers reduce overwatering
- Responds to a small weather sensor or downloads local weather.
- Adjusts watering based on local weather data, soil and plant types.
- Automatically applies water only when plants need it.
- Able to operate from anywhere with Wi-Fi enabled models.
- Smart Irrigation Rebate Details*
We offer residential Tacoma Water customers a rebate of 50% (up to $100) of the purchase price of any qualifying WaterSense hose faucet timer or smart irrigation controller and/or add-on or plug-in device. The rebate is available whether you install it yourself or hire a contractor to do the work.
A variety of hose timers and smart controllers are eligible for a rebate. Multiple hose timers that link together or multiple controllers that are needed to cover your entire property are eligible, but you must apply for the rebate all at once. **
The rebate is limited to one per residential household, up to $100 total.
The rebate is available whether you install it yourself or hire a contractor to do the work.
- Rebate Requirements
- Hose timer, or smart controller and/or add-on or plug-in must be listed on the EPA’s WaterSense product search page.
- Proof of purchase of controllers that do not have smart technology built-in must be paired with the proof of purchase of a compatible WaterSense labelled product plug-in or add-on.
Not eligible: Irrigation controllers without smart technology or a weather sensor added on or plugged in.
- How to Apply for a Rebate
Applications will only be accepted within 90 days after installation is complete.
The name on the rebate application must be associated with an active Tacoma Water account but does not need to be the account owner.
- Simply fill out our Smart Irrigation Rebate Application.
- Attach a copy of the purchase invoice(s)/receipt(s). Your proof of purchase should include:
- Date of purchase and/or date of shipping.
- Retailer name.
- Purchase price independent of taxes and shipping fees.
- Product name, including description or model number.
- Click the “Submit” button.
- You will be notified by email within two (2) weeks if your application is approved or if we need more information.
- If approved, you will receive an email from DocuSign requesting your signature on the rebate agreement.
- If the application is incomplete or if you are not eligible, you will receive an email from email@example.com with next steps, if any.
- After you sign and submit the agreement via DocuSign, allow 8-12 weeks for the rebate to appear on your Tacoma Water account.
If you have any questions about the program or product eligibility or if you would like a paper copy of the application, call Tacoma Water at 253-502-8723.
To learn more, see our Rebate FAQs.
Recycle your old irrigation controller box at any Ewing Irrigation Supply location.
Looking for smart irrigation rebates for your business property? You can find details by clicking here.
*Program requirements and rebate amounts are subject to change without notice. Check with Tacoma Water for current information. Water savings are estimates only. Actual savings may vary. Tacoma Water does not make any representations, promises or warranties with respect to actual cost savings from any of the products. Tacoma Water does not endorse any particular contractor, manufacturer, or product.
**For a rebate with multiple items, check whether each item is required for the system to operate “smart” and if it is a WaterSense product. Rebate is applied to the minimum number of items required to create a “smart” system.