Save with Lighting
Upgrading your light bulbs and fixtures is one of the most cost-effective ways to save money on your utility bills. It also helps reduce your maintenance and operating costs. To make upgrading more affordable for your business, Tacoma Power has rebate programs that could cover up to 100% of your total project cost.
2023 Bright Rebates Program
- Custom Small Business
- 2023 rebate amount – $0.19 per kWh saved
- 2023- 100% of installed cost
- Custom General Business
- 2023 rebate amount – $0.17 per kWh saved
- 2023- 60% of installed cost
Bright Rebates Program Requirements
- You must be a Tacoma Power customer served by a business rate.
- You must submit an application with required documents and get approval from us before starting your project.
- Eligible upgrades include:
- Upgrading from T12, T8, or T5, to LED lamps, fixtures or retrofit kits.
- Upgrading from HID to LED.
- Switching exit signs to LED.
- Installing occupancy sensors and lighting controls (excluding code required exterior photocells).
- LED fixtures and lamps must be listed on one of the following approved lists:
- Contact our experts at 253-502-8619 or BrightRebates@cityoftacoma.org to discuss your project and options. We will verify your business rate (Class B or G/HVG), which is required for the application.
- Review our Procedures and Steps to submit Bright Rebates Project.
- Complete and submit a Bright Rebates application along with spec sheets for the proposed equipment, any layouts or drawings, and photos of existing conditions to BrightRebates@cityoftacoma.org.
- Once the project is approved and the customer agreement signed, you will receive a notice of approval to proceed with your installation.
- After installation to finalize the project:
- Submit copies of invoices for the project after installation. Add any items from the estimated project cost including materials (preferably showing the part numbers of the equipment and quantities), labor, lift rentals, etc.
- Submit photos of the project per the instructions in the Procedures and Steps document.
Click here for the bright rebates application
(download and save the application prior to opening)
Find and hire a qualified contractor
Informational sessions and training
How to safely dispose of fluorescent lamps and PCB ballasts
What Our Customers Say
To learn more about how rebates can help your company reduce its utility bill, see our community testimonials:
Discover how LED lighting brightens up the space in the former Wonder Bread Bakery building and helps improve the new owners bottom line.
Click here to read how incorporating high-performance lighting systems and an energy efficient HVAC system helps Franke Tobey Jones care center manage utility costs, maintain quality surroundings, and be aesthetically pleasing.
Watch how the Tacoma Rescue Mission used LED lighting and an energy efficient HVAC system to build a new shelter to last. Their total energy savings is enough to power an average Tacoma Power home for one year.
See how we helped Tacoma Twin Rinks use a special nozzle from REALice for their Zamboni, which means the ice rink can save energy and money.
*Program requirements and rebate amounts are subject to change without notice. Tacoma Power does not endorse any particular contractor, manufacturer or product. Tacoma Power makes no express or implied warranties of these products.
Payment is subject to the terms and conditions of the rebate. Tacoma Power reserves the right to verify sales transactions and to inspect installations prior to issuing rebates. Incorrect or incomplete information may lead to a delay or cancellation of rebate processing.