To help you make improvements to your home or rental property, we offer a variety of incentives to make it affordable and easy. These offers could save you hundreds (or thousands) of dollars up front, plus you’ll save even more in the long run thanks to lower utility bills.
Improvements we’ll help you pay for
- Heat pump
- Ductless heat pump
- Hybrid water heater
- Duct sealing
- Smart thermostat
- Thermostat for wall or baseboard heaters
- LED lighting
- Smart irrigation
- Electric vehicle charging
Here’s the incentives you can choose from
Various offers are available based on the home improvement product you choose, and could include:
- In-store discounts
- Contractor discounts
- Bill credits
If you’re looking for incentives for your business, check out our business offers here.
How it works
Use the home improvement product links above to:
Choose the upgrades you want to make.
Explore what incentives are offered for those upgrades.
See which incentives you qualify for.
Learn about the specific process and requirements for the product and incentives you want.
Some incentives will require you to fill out an application, others will require you to find a contractor, and others may be as simple as filling out a rebate form or buying a qualifying discounted product at a local store.
- Check out this FAQ page
- Call an energy advisor at 253-502-8363
- Tax credit available for past and future home energy upgrades
If you’ve upgraded your home with energy efficient products in the past or plan to this year, you might be eligible for a tax credit up to $300.
Called the Federal Non-Business Energy Property Tax Credit, it’s available for past and future installs completed from 2018 through the end of 2021.
Some products that qualify for the tax credit include:
- Heating and cooling systems
- Electric heat pump water heaters
The energy efficient upgrades must be made in your primary, existing home. New construction and rentals do not qualify. Of course there are specific requirements that your project will have to meet. Energy Star and the IRS have all those details and the forms you’ll need at bit.ly/300tax.
How to get the tax credit
- Start a new energy efficient upgrade to your home with a loan, rebate or instant in-store savings.
- If you’ve already completed your project, contact the contractor who installed your equipment to confirm it meets the specific requirements for eligibility. For tax questions, amendments or forms, contact your tax advisor.
If you have questions about our incentive programs or offers, call your Tacoma Power Energy Advisors at 253-502-8363.