Commercial Project Development Process
Follow these steps to apply for a new electrical service hookup:
1. Complete the Electric Service Application and submit it to the New Services Engineering office along with the following documents:
- Plat maps and engineering plans for all utilities, proposed and existing.
- Roadway designs including stationing, roadway x-sections, curb and sidewalks.
- Electronic AutoCAD civil and site plans including:storm/storm retention
- elevation information, existing and finished
- outdoor lighting structures and circuitry
- Voltage and electrical load requirements with proposed electrical service location
- Joint trench participants
Tacoma Power’s New Services Engineering group will review plans, make a site visit, prepare the design and agreement, and calculate the project cost and engineering deposit.
2. Pay the deposit. After the deposit has been made, Tacoma Power will complete the preliminary detailed electrical design and plans and send them to you and the appropriate public agencies and utilities.
3. Payment in full. Construction plans will not be released until all fees are paid and any required utility easements are obtained.
4. Submit final revisions. You must submit any revised plans before Tacoma Power will release the construction drawing.
All installations will be built to Tacoma Power’s standards and applicable jurisdictional codes. Please review our current Electrical Construction Standards.
If you have any questions, please contact Tacoma Power’s New Services Engineering office at 253-502-8659.