About Tacoma Water
Tacoma Water has a proud tradition of operating and maintaining one of the country’s oldest municipally owned water systems. We provide high-quality water at very competitive prices.
We provide direct service to more than 300,000 people throughout Pierce and King counties. View a map of our service territory.
Providing clean, reliable water.
- 117 square miles of service area
- 240 employees
- 95,893 residential customers (62% inside city limits; 38% outside city limits)
- 7,223 commercial and industrial customers
- 1,399 miles of water mains
- Average annual use per household: 62,014 gallons
- Average daily use per household: 170 gallons
- Average cost per household: $451 year / $38 month
- Total annual use: 6,253,044,380 gallons
- Up to 150 million gallons per day from the Green River
- 48 million gallons per day from local wells
- 67.6 million gallons in McMillin Reservoir
- 73.1 million in 18 other reservoirs and standpipes
- Value of our fixed assets: $871 million
- Total operating revenue: $101.9 million
- Bond ratings:
– Moody’s: Aa2
– Standard & Poor’s: AA