About Tacoma Water
Tacoma Water has a proud tradition of operating and maintaining one of the country’s oldest municipally owned water systems. We provide high-quality water at very competitive prices.
We provide direct service to more than 300,000 people throughout Pierce and King counties. View a map of our service territory.
Providing clean, reliable water.
- 117 square miles of service area
- 236 employees
- 94,707 residential customers (63% inside city limits; 37% outside city limits)
- 7,164 commercial and industrial customers
- 1,399 miles of water mains
- Average annual use per household: 61,685 gallons
- Average daily use per household: 169 gallons
- Average cost per household: $444 year / $37 month
- Total annual use: 6,085,772,880 gallons
- Up to 150 million gallons per day from the Green River
- 50 million gallons per day from local wells
- 67.6 million gallons in McMillin Reservoir
- 73.1 million in 18 other reservoirs and standpipes
- Value of our fixed assets: $873.5 million
- Total operating revenue: $94.6 million
- Bond ratings:
– Moody’s: Aa2
– Standard & Poor’s: AA