About Tacoma Water
Tacoma Water has a proud tradition of operating and maintaining one of the country’s oldest municipally owned water systems. We provide high-quality water at very competitive prices.
We provide direct service to more than 300,000 people throughout Pierce and King counties. View a map of our service territory.
Providing clean, reliable water.
- 119 square miles of service area
- 278 employees
- 101,197 residential customers (61% inside city limits; 39% outside city limits)
- 6,945 commercial and industrial customers
- 1,428 miles of water mains
- Average annual use per household: 64,418 gallons
- Average daily use per household: 176 gallons
- Average cost per household: $494 year / $41 month
- Total annual use: 6,898,443,886 gallons
- Up to 150 million gallons per day from the Green River
- 40 million gallons per day from local wells
- 67.6 million gallons in McMillin Reservoir
- 69.9 million in 17 other reservoirs and standpipes
- Value of our fixed assets: $908.7 million
- Total operating revenue: $111.4 million
- Bond ratings:
– Moody’s: Aa2
– Standard & Poor’s: AA+