To help you buy energy-efficient products for your home, business or rental property, we offer rebates, loans and grants. These offers could save you hundreds of dollars at the time of purchase and installation — plus you’ll save even more in the long run thanks to lower utility bills. Learn more about our residential and rental property programs below or visit our savings for your business page.
- Central heat pumps
- Duct sealing
- Ductless heat pumps
- Heat pump water heaters
- Insulation upgrades
- LED lighting
- Smart thermostats
- Window replacement
How it works
Applying is easy. Simply fill out the relevant application and submit with required documents. Please note it takes four to six weeks to process your application.
- Owner-Occupied Application
- Rental Property Application (up to 4 units)
- Rental Property Application (5+ units)
If you plan to use a contractor to complete the work, contact a Tacoma Power participating contractor to schedule a free estimate. These approved contractors are qualified to evaluate your home for any energy-efficiency programs we offer.
You have five options for submitting your application:
- Have your contractor submit it directly to us
- Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax it to (253) 502-8572
- Mail it to Tacoma Power at CEP, Main Lobby, 3628 S. 35th St., Tacoma, WA 98409-3192
- Drop it off at TPU, Conservation Lobby, 3628 S. 35th St., Tacoma
If you have questions about the rebate process, please call (253) 502-8363 or see our Rebate FAQs.
With some products, such as LED lights and efficient showerheads, you get an instant rebate because you save at the time of your purchase without having to submit an application. The rebate is simply deducted from the final price of the product.