PROGRAM UPDATED APRIL 2018
Leaky ducts are a major cause of energy loss from heating and air conditioning systems. These leaks are out of sight and you don't even know that they are negatively impacting your energy costs. Typically, approximately 25% of the heated/cooled air leaks into unconditioned spaces of your home. Unconditioned spaces of your home include crawlspaces, garages or attics. This significantly reduces overall airflow and efficiency.
- Lower energy bills
- Less dust
- Better indoor air quality
- More comfortable environment to live in
Energy savings and project costs will vary. Program requirements and rebate amounts are subject to change without notice. We do not endorse any particular contractor, manufacturer or product. We make no express or implied warranties of these products or installations.
REBATES & ELIGIBILITY
Tacoma Power offers property owners a $450 duct sealing rebate for owner-occupied homes and rental properties (up to 4 units).
- All accessible ducts in unheated areas (i.e. crawlspaces and garages) must be sealed to Prescriptive Duct Sealing Specifications by a certified Performance Tested Comfort Systems (PTCS) technician.
- Primary heat source must be either an electric forced air furnace or a heat pump.
- Ducts must not have been previously sealed through the Performance Tested Comfort Systems (PTCS) system or BPA’s Prescriptive Duct Sealing program UNLESS Tacoma Power has approved additional duct sealing.
- Duct sealing be done by a certified PTCS technician
- New construction
- DIY projects
Application Processing Time
It takes approximately four to six weeks to process applications.
If you feel your property meets the eleigibility requirements, contact a Tacoma Power participating contractor to schedule a free estimate. They can also evaluate your home or property to help determine if there are any other efficiency programs that would meet your needs.
Your contractor can help you determine what, if any, out of pocket costs you may incur.
Once you select a contractor and decide how you will pay for the project, complete an energy efficiency application:Complete the appropriate application:
Review the required documents checklist to ensure you have everything you need to submit the application.
- Owner-Occupied Documents Checklist
- Rental Property Documents Checklist (up to 4 units)
Submitting your application
There are several ways to submit your application (listed below):
- Contractor - your contractor may offer to submit the application directly to Tacoma Power
- Email - submit the application along with all required documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax - (253) 502-8572
- Mail - Tacoma Power, CEP – Main Lobby, 3628 S. 35th St., Tacoma, WA 98409-3192
- In Person – Tacoma Public Utilities, Conservation Lobby, 3628 S. 35th St., Tacoma
For assistance, please call (253) 502-8363
Back to top