Resources for businesses in response to COVID-19
As of September 1, 2022, this page no longer receives regular updates.
Please refer to our regular website pages for the most up-to-date information about payment assistance programs, payment plans, and other operational matters.
Important update about past due balances and service disconnections
The City of Tacoma’s utility service disconnection moratorium for nonpayment expired on March 31, 2022, and at that time, Tacoma Public Utilities started the process of collecting on past due balances. We know this has been a tough time on our small business community and our team is here to help. Our goal is to help all customers keep their services.
- Small business accounts (B rate) will be placed on automatic, interest-free installment plans for 24 months.
- Businesses who prefer an installment plan of shorter duration can work with our Business Solutions office to set up an installment plan that works for them.
- Commercial accounts (G rate) will not automatically be placed on installment plans, but can contact TPU’s Business Solutions office if they would like to be.
- You must stay current on your installment payments and all new bills to remain on this plan and prevent service interruption.
Business Solutions Advocates at Tacoma Public Utilities are available 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday to support business customers with billing inquiries and to set up payment plans on utility accounts. Call us at 253-502-8606 or email BusinessSolutions@cityoftacoma.org.
- Additional Resources
- Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department
- Economic Development Board
- Tacoma-Pierce County Chamber
- Washington Department of Health
- US Chamber of Commerce – Small Business
- Washington Employment Security Department
Click here for an overview on the different programs in the CARES Act from the US Chamber of Commerce.