Smart Irrigation Residential Rebate
Using a weather-based irrigation controller can reduce water waste and lower your utility bill. A smart controller automatically adjusts the watering schedule based on local weather data, soil and plant types to create a customized watering schedule. Some smart controllers respond to a small weather sensor installed on your property while others get information from local weather stations. Many smart controllers are Wi-Fi enabled and connect to your mobile device. Smartphone users can then access, operate and monitor their irrigation system from anywhere.
Smart Irrigation Rebate Details*
We offer residential Tacoma Water customers a rebate of 50% (up to $100) of the purchase price of any qualifying WaterSense smart irrigation controller and/or add-on or plug-in device. The rebate is available whether you install it yourself or hire a contractor to do the work. The rebate is limited to one per residential household.
- Smart controller and/or add-on or plug-in must be included on the EPA’s WaterSense Product Search Page.
- Proof of purchase of controllers that do not have smart technology built in must be paired with the proof of purchase of a compatible WaterSense labelled plug-in or add-on.
- The name on the rebate application must be associated with an active Tacoma Water account.
Not eligible: Irrigation controllers without smart technology or a weather sensor added on or plugged in.
Apply for a rebate
Applications will only be accepted after installation is complete.
- Simply fill out our Smart Irrigation Rebate Application.
- Attach a copy of the purchase invoice(s)/receipt(s).
- Click the “Submit” button.
- You will be notified by email within two (2) weeks if your application is approved or if we need more information.
- If approved, you will receive an email from DocuSign requesting your signature on the rebate agreement.
- If the application is incomplete or if you are not eligible, you will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with next steps, if any.
- After you sign and submit the agreement via DocuSign, allow 8-12 weeks for the rebate to appear on your Tacoma Water account.
If you have any questions about the program or product eligibility or if you would like a paper copy of the application, call Tacoma Water at 253-502-8723.
To learn more, see our Rebate FAQs.
Recycle your old irrigation controller box at any Ewing Irrigation Supply location.
Looking for smart irrigation rebates for your business property? You can find details by clicking here.
*Program requirements and rebate amounts are subject to change without notice. Check with Tacoma Water for current information. Water savings are estimates only. Actual savings may vary. Tacoma Water does not make any representations, promises or warranties with respect to actual cost savings from any of the products. Tacoma Water does not endorse any particular contractor, manufacturer, or product.