Schedule Electrical Inspection
You can schedule your inspection at the same time as you purchase your permit. Or, if your project is not at that stage yet, call our Interactive Voice Messaging System with your permit number when you are ready for inspection.
You can also use this system to:
- Cancel a request
- Find information about the dates and times the inspections were completed
You will be asked to select an option to get the specific information you need. You can also request to talk to a Utility Service Representative or leave a message for an inspector.
To schedule an inspection:
- Have your permit number for the inspection ready
- Call 253-502-8277
- Enter the permit number when prompted
- Follow the prompts to schedule an inspection
To speak with a Utility Service Representative, press 0.
- Scheduling Details
- Inspection times are between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m., Monday through Friday. While inspectors cannot provide specific arrival times, they can give you a three-hour window in which they will arrive (either 9 a.m. to noon or noon to 3 p.m.). To discuss the possibility of scheduling an inspection between 7:30 and 8:30 a.m., speak directly with your inspector.
- Inspections scheduled prior to 1 p.m. will be assigned for the following work day. While we complete 90% of inspection requests the next business day, in some cases an inspector’s workload may prevent a next-day arrival. However, inspections rarely extend beyond two business days.
- We assign inspectors geographically. See the Inspection Areas Map to get contact information for the inspector covering your neighborhood.
- Your permit will expire one year after the date of purchase or the date of the last inspection, whichever is later.
Get Inspection Results
The system will prompt you to press 3 to get inspection results. The message may be long, but it will give you the results of the inspection performed.
Contractors with Permits
If you are an electrical contractor you can sign up for an online account. There, you can apply and pay for electrical permits, view your electrical inspection records, re-schedule or cancel inspections and request new inspections for your existing permit. If you have questions about the system, call (253) 502-8277 for assistance.
- Access Information
- It is your responsibility to ensure the inspector has access to inspect the work.
- The inspector will not enter your home without an adult present (minimum age of 18).
- If you choose, you can leave a key for an inspector to enter an unoccupied house or non-residential building. You can let them know where the key will be left by including this information on the permit or by speaking to the inspector prior to the day of the inspection. However, an inspector will not enter a house with furnishings or personal property inside even if you leave a key.
- You may be charged a trip fee if the inspector arrives but does not have access to complete the inspection.
Appointments must be cancelled by 8:30 a.m. the day of the inspection. Failing to cancel in a timely manner may result in a trip fee if the inspector arrives at your home or job site and cannot complete the inspection.
- Service Hookups
- If you need your power connected or reconnected, you must pay your power connection fee and permit fee prior to any inspection.
- If you pay all your fees, have your service approved and are not contacted by the sixth day, please call us at 253-502-8549 so we can help.