Limiting the Collection and Use of Information
1. We limit the collection of personal and other information to only the information required by the Electronic Bill Presentment and Payment (EBPP) application. Customers may inquire about the intent of any information collected.
2. Personal information is retained only as long as it is required by the EBPP application. We remove a customer’s personal information from the application when the customer cancels the EBPP service.
Sharing Information With a Third Party
1. We provide information about customer accounts or other personally identifiable data to third parties only when the information is necessary to complete a customer-initiated transaction, or when the law requires disclosure (including, but not limited to, Washington’s Public Disclosure Act, Chap. 42.17 RCW).
2. Although individual information is not disclosed to any third party (unless it meets the aforementioned criteria) the City of Tacoma does, however, reserve the right to target and market our services based on the user profile.
3. We may share the aggregate (statistical) information with third parties without reference to individual information.
Customer’s Freedom to Modify Information
1. A customer may review and modify their personal information at any time.
2. We may email you about permit or service-related issues. The email address will not be disclosed to other parties for non-permit-related purposes.
1. Credit card information is transmitted using SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) and 128-bit encryption.
2. We enforce appropriate access and physical control to safeguard personal information in our processing environment.
3. We strictly adhere to all regulatory requirements with regard to privacy.
4. The City of Tacoma’s employees are educated on the importance of privacy and confidentiality. Only those employees who have a legitimate business reason can access account information. We exercise disciplinary action against any employee violating these standards.
5. We have an internal audit process to enforce the privacy, confidentiality and security of personal information.
6. Our policy is restricted to the EBPP system only. It does not extend to operations inherent in other web-based processes.