Tacoma Power’s Alder Lake, Sunny Beach Point and Rocky Point parks on Alder Lake are open for recreation, but due to drought conditions, visitors should be aware of the following:
- Alder Lake Park boat launch is open, but launching larger watercraft could become difficult if the water level drops further
- Moorage dock in Alder Lake Park is closed
- Stacel Point swim area (inside Alder Lake Park) will likely be without water soon
- Sunny Beach Point swim area is dry
- Rocky Point boat launch is closed
- Due to the statewide burn ban declared by the Governor, no wood or charcoal fires are allowed within the campgrounds (gas and propane cook stoves are allowed)
Conditions may change. Tacoma Power will provide updated information throughout the summer. Visitors can:
- Find current information about Alder Lake parks at MyTPU.org/Alder
- Get river flows and lake levels at MyTPU.org/LakeLevels
- Call the Fishing and Recreation line at 1-888-502-8690 for park and water level information
People who want to change or cancel their camping reservations should visit https://washington.goingtocamp.com/AlderLake-TacomaPowerPark or call 1-888-CAMPOUT (226-7688).
Visitors with general park-related questions can call the Alder Lake Park office at (360) 569-2778 or email email@example.com.