Public Electric Vehicle Charging
Due to an enthusiastic community response, this program now has a wait list for funding.
To ensure funding availability for our current applicants, we will evaluate summitted applications before accepting new projects. You can join our wait list and be informed of community EV charging funding in the future.
Join the wait list
Electric vehicle (EV) charging stations can help you turn your business into a destination for EV drivers and offer an amenity to your employees and customers. EV chargers also show the community and your patrons your commitment to sustainability and environmental stewardship.
For more information about electric vehicles, visit MyTPU.org/EV.
Funding amounts to support electric vehicle charging projects within the City of Tacoma are subject to change.
- Receive funds to cover up to 80% of your project cost when you install public Level 2 EV charging stations.
- Receive funds when you buy EV supply equipment (EVSE) for use within the City of Tacoma.
- Get a FREE assessment to determine whether our utility infrastructure is equipped to handle increased electric loads from new chargers.
Other points to consider
Qualities of ideal EV charging station sites:
- Serves multiple audiences (employees, public, fleet, etc.)
- Located near public restrooms or amenities like coffee shops, grocery stores, entertainment, and parks
- Located in a City of Tacoma Business District
- Located near a freeway or main highway, as a destination charging location
How to start your project
- Call 253-502-8363 or email BizRebates@cityoftacoma.org.
- Pick an EV charging equipment provider. We recommend you get bids from more than one company.
- Find and hire a qualified contractor and learn tips for hiring the best contractor for your project.
- Complete the Transportation Electrification Funding Application and Agreement to apply for funding. We’re happy to assist you with this step.
Visit MyTPU.org/EVs for FAQs, savings calculators, more information about EVs and charging.
We received funding to support EV charging projects in the City of Tacoma. Funds support the installation of public EV charging stations, EV charging at multifamily properties, and charging for electric cargo and material handling equipment. Funding is limited and will expire on December 15, 2022.