One of Tacoma Rail's keys to success is providing a safe work environment for our employees. We believe that our employees are our most valuable asset and that every accident or injury is preventable.
Our vision is that Tacoma Rail will operate free of accidents and injuries. We will achieve this vision through:
- A culture that makes safety our highest priority and provides continuous self-examination as to the effectiveness of our safety process and performance.
- An empowered work force that includes all employees taking responsibility for personal safety, the safety of fellow employees and the communities in which we serve.
- A safe work environment that includes the necessary safety resources and tools, where all known hazards are eliminated or safeguarded to keep employees safe and accident-free.
- Work practices and training for all employees that make safety essential to the tasks we perform.
- A safety issue resolution process designed to quickly correct safety hazards and protect work practices identified by employees.
- Rules compliance and training that allow our employees to make safety essential to the tasks we perform.
- Regulatory compliance: Tacoma Rail is required to comply with all safety regulations and requirements of the Federal Railroad Administration (FRA), which is part of the Department of Transportation. The regulations govern the safety of railroad operations and rail employees throughout the country. In addition, Tacoma Rail has its own safety and operating rules for employees and complies with the industry’s General Code of Operating Rules.