Tacoma Public Utilities (TPU) presents the information on this website as a service to its customers and other Internet users.
Due to the rapidly changing nature of our business and our reliance on information provided by outside sources, we make no warranty or guarantee concerning the accuracy or reliability of the content at this site or at other sites to which we link. Links are provided as a service, but TPU does not intend links to be referrals or endorsements of the linked entities.
TPU does not guarantee the performance or the availability of the website at a particular time or for a particular purpose. TPU reserves the right in its exclusive discretion at any time without notice to amend, limit, modify, suspend or terminate the website.
All rights are reserved. The content of this website is copyrighted and may not be reproduced in any form including digital and print for any non-commercial purpose so long as this notice remains visible and attached hereto.
This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for mytpu.org. This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by this website. It will notify you of the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the web site, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Users are able to interact with Tacoma Public Utilities' websites for the purposes of consuming content, requesting services, applying for jobs, or making payments for various programs and services.
TPU is committed to maintaining online privacy for users and does not collect personal information without permission. Any information volunteered through TPU's websites will be secured in accordance with industry standard measures and controls.
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We will collect and access information that you voluntarily enter directly into the website or provide via email. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, for example, processing your payment with our secure payment partner, Trust Commerce, or as otherwise directly necessary to render or conduct a legitimate business activity related to the utility service provided by Tacoma Public Utilities.
With regard to information collection, use and sharing, TPU will:
- Collect and access information that is voluntarily entered into the website, mobile applications, or provided via email.
- Collect and access information about connections to TPU websites including Internet Protocol (IP) address, date and time, and page visited.
- Collect and access information that is provided by the user’s web browser such as browser version, operating system version, Adobe Flash version, default browser language encoding, referring page, screen resolution, and screen color depth.
- Share the information with authorized business partners as necessary to fulfill the request or to track use of TPU’s websites (e.g. to process online payments with the City’s secure payment partner).
- Disclose the information as required by law and in accordance with the public disclosure request process as per RCW 42.56.
- Retain the information in accordance with appropriate records retention schedules.
You can do the following at any time online when it’s convenient for you:
- Change your user ID and password.
- Update your email address and phone numbers.
- Update your mailing address.
- Manage your bank accounts.
If at any time you have concerns about your data or need assistance, please contact us via the Customer Services email address or phone number given on our website.
Information Collection and Use by Third Party Service Providers
TPU websites contain links to other websites or domains. TPU is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites. For users linking to other websites, TPU recommends that users read the privacy statement of each website visited before providing any personal information.
TPU occasionally uses other third party service or application providers to complete business transactions. In such cases, TPU reviews the privacy policies and standards of those partners.
TPU takes reasonable, generally-accepted precautions to protect the information shared by users, both online and offline. TPU will make best efforts to ensure that all personally identifiable information that we collect is encrypted during transmission. This can be verified by the user identifying “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page.
Additionally, the servers in which TPU stores personal information are located in a controlled environment. Access to personal information stored on servers in the TPU's data centers is limited to authorized TPU employees and authorized TPU agents on a need-to-know basis.
TPU has taken measures to safeguard the integrity of its data and prevent unauthorized access to information it maintains, including but not limited to authentication, monitoring, auditing and encryption. Security measures have been integrated into the design, implementation and day-to-day practices of the entire operating environment as part of its continuing commitment to risk management. These measures are designed and intended to prevent corruption of data, block unknown or unauthorized access to TPU's systems and information, and to provide reasonable protection of private information in TPU's possession.
Google Analytics Terms of Service
Chapter 42.56 RCW