Grant Award Voting
Evergreen Options customers, the time is here! Voting for Renewable Energy Grant Program applications runs through November 22nd. Winners will be announced via our new Evergreen Options email newsletter on December 1, 2017.
About the candidates:
Our selection team was looking for proposals that best leverage new or multiple renewable energy technologies and have educational value for our community. After careful review, the top 2 finalists have been announced:
Both organizations have proposed solar energy projects. Now it is time for you to vote on the winner. Review the information below to learn more about each proposal.
- To vote, you must be an a current Evergreen Options customer
- Only one vote is allowed per Tacoma Power account
- Last day to vote is November 22, 2017
- Offset the overall carbon footprint of your home or business beyond your electricity use
- Invest in renewable energy generation in our region
- Support renewable energy grant funds for local schools, nonprofits and government agencies
- Vote for local grant recipients
Point Defiance Zoo & Acquarium (PDZA) is proposing to install 86 solar energy modules on top of the Asian Forest Sanctuary, the overnight home to a number of species in the zoo’s collection, including the Indian Crested Porcupine, Lowland Anoa, Malayan Tapir, and Sumatran Tiger.
The zoo’s mission promotes conservation, sustainability, innovation and community to create a cleaner, greener, more sustainable ways of living. With 750,000 visitors every year, PDZA believes this project will have broad-reaching impact on the education and implementation of solar technology.
The University of Washington - Tacoma is proposing the installation of a solar PV array on the roof of the Court 17 Apartments (student housing). This project will support many many aspects of the University's mission, including:
- Must be a current Evergreen Options Customer
To subscribe to the Evergreen Options newsletter, submit your email below.