A ductless heat pump (DHP) can help keep your home more comfortable by heating and cooling with one efficient system.
You can get an $800 rebate or a seven-year, zero-interest loan toward the cost of a DHP and basic installation. Income-qualified customers may be eligible for a grant that pays for the whole thing.
A DHP can replace - or significantly reduce the need for - electric baseboard and wall heaters. Here's why:
1. Uses up to 50% less energy and operates at a fraction of the cost
2. Doesn’t require a duct system, so your home needs only one for heating and cooling
3. Distributes air evenly to keep the temperature uniform.
4. May eliminate the need to use baseboard or wall heaters as often in outlying rooms, such as bedrooms, which will save money
5. Will be correctly installed by a participating contractor, who will also help with rebate paperwork
Check out a working DHP at the EnviroHouse, 3510 S. Mullen St., Tacoma.