Tacoma Power's Alder Lake Park offers expansive campgrounds and access to Alder Lake (formed by Alder Dam) in Pierce County, Washington.
Campfires allowed as Aug. 15!
- Reserve up to 9 months in advance for dates between May 15 and Sept. 15.
- Sites are available on a first-come, first-served basis the rest of the year.
We also offer group camping reservations for Alder Lake Park's popular group camp.
About Alder Lake Park
- Year-round camping (park is closed Dec. 20 - Jan. 1)
- 173 individual campsites at four campgrounds: Main, Osprey, Elk Plain and Rocky Point
- 37 with water, electric and sewer hookups
- 74 with water and electric hookups
- 62 tent sites
- 20-site group camp area with water, electric and sewer hookups
- Fire rings (or barbecue grills) and picnic tables in all campsites
- Coin-operated showers
- Wheelchair accessible restrooms
- Water faucets throughout campground
- 20-slip boat moorage dock - first-come, first-served and free of charge
On sunny summer days, we must close the gates to day-use entry if day-use parking is full.
There is a $5 parking fee charged on weekends and holidays between Memorial Day and Labor Day weekends.
- Stacel Point open year round (except Dec. 20 - Jan. 1)
- Sunny Beach Point open from May 15 to Sept. 15, lake level permitting
- Two boat launches open year round, lake level permitting
- Fish for kokanee or other species
- Alder Lake is open to motorized watercraft
- One no-wake zone and two small non-motorized areas
Download our Alder Lake Park brochure.
Alder Lake Park Fees & Discounts - 2014
|Extra vehicle (no charge for towed vehicles)||$10|
|Senior or disabled discount for camping||$5|
|Individual campsite reservation fee||
$6.50 online or $8.50 by phone
|Group camp reservation fee||$15|
|Day-use parking (weekends and holidays between Memorial Day and Labor Day weekends)||
Alder Lake Park Latitude: N 46 47 57.5 Longitude: W 122 17 39.1
Rocky Point Latitude: N 46 46 27.7 Longitude: W 122 13 10.9
From Tacoma, take I-5 south to State Route 512. Travel east on SR 512 about 2 miles to the Pacific Avenue exit (SR 7). Go south on SR 7 about 27 miles. Turn right at the Alder Lake Park sign (at School Road) and drive into the park.
To reach Rocky Point Campground, continue south on Highway 7. Rocky Point is located on the right about four miles beyond the main Alder Lake Park entrance.
Alder Lake Park
50324 School Rd.
Eatonville, WA 98328
Park office: (360) 569-2778
Fishing and recreation line: (888) 502-8690